This blogging thing is very new to me. But, i would like to take some time and discuss the topic of the week, "can students write and do they need to?"
In my opinion, i would first like to state that I have mixed emotions about technology. I believe it is a great thing to have. It benefits our society very much. I was homeschooled until 5th grade and i had a simple calculater and a dictionary. My mom did not allow me and my siblings to use the computer to look things up. We used paper to find what we needed and learned how to structure our papers. I have always struggled with english, I am more a mathmatical person. A lot of people think that technology is to blame for children and even college students not being able to read and write to the level they need to. To me it is parents and teachers that affect that the most. Teachers (most) work very hard to help students read and write well. Parents these days like to let the computer or TV babysit there kids. I believe that if parents took more time helping there kids with homework that maybe the kids would learn more than just at school. It's not a problem in my eyes to have your kid sit at the table and quiz them on words or spelling while your folding laundry or fixing dinner. Parents need to encourage there kids to be better in everything they do. I have always had passion and dreams. That is why I am in Tennessee. It needs to be a triangle, kids need passion, teachers have the passion, and parents need to support and expand on what the teachers are trying to achieve. We need to encourage our future bussiness men and women of tomorrow to be good at everything they do rather it be 2 plus 2 or writing a research paper. Kids need to have goals and dreams for their lives. I think we have lost the passion in our schools. The teachers can teach all they want but with out our kids and their parents being involved, it is all for nothing.
I could go on forever about how we need to restore passion and dreams in the kids of today, but i believe my opinion is stated.. Thank you for reading ... (Autumn) =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are right about mixed emotions regarding technology. We love it when it helps, hate it when it does not give us what we expect, fear it when we imagine its future power. Your call to parents to encourage and lead kids is commendable.
ReplyDelete